Monday 7 April 2014

THE CHRONICLES OF A LAGOS FINE BOY (1)

Peter and I arrived at Movida club a little before midnight; the whole place was already jam-packed with fun seekers. It was the end of month, so the large number of people at the club was understandable.
Peter led the way as we made our way into the club. Almost every available space inside the club had been taken up. We made our way to the bar side and ordered our preferred drinks. The DJ was on point; he played all the club bangers back to back to the delight of everybody.



Soon enough, the sight of a lady grinding away a White man caught my attention. I tapped peter and nodded in the direction of the couple. The White man was simply dancing out of tune; well, his dance steps were just a disguise. The grinding from the lanky lady was the real deal.
After some time, some guys vacated their seats; Peter and I quickly moved to occupy their seats. Shortly after we settled down, I noticed a lady; she stood staring in our direction. I used my leg to tap Peter; I nudged him in the direction of the lady.
Peter laughed and lousily told me the lady was staring at me. “You are the fine boy here; since we entered this club, all the ladies have been looking in our direction.”
We came to the club that night chiefly because I was bored that night; I also knew I would get Peter to take me through how to go about my next project. Peter gets very active in the presence of liquor. He is always willing to chat away the night as long as there were enough drinks to fuel such discussion.
I told Peter some of the challenges I was going through putting the document together.  As usual he offered his best advice and promised to help me revise it before I send it in to the panel.
We were in the middle of the discussion when a lady walked up to us. She requested to sit with us, I looked at Peter; he was indifferent. So I told the lady to go ahead. The lady looked like the one grinding the white man, I quickly looked at the spot I saw them initially; they were still there dancing.
I asked her the drink she wanted, she mentioned; I beckoned on the barman who did not waste time in serving our guest.  Peter and I continued our chat; for more than thirty minutes we didn’t bother to look at the lady.
After a while, the lady cleared her throat and said she was taking her leave since it appeared we did not want her around us. With that protest I decided to engage her since I knew Peter was never going to talk to her. I told Peter to enjoy himself while I keep our visitor company.
“What is your name?” I asked her. “Deola” she answered; she crossed her legs as she readied herself for more discussion. “Are you here alone?” I queried. “Yes, just want to have some fun; it has been a long week for me.”
We talked for almost one hour before Peter interrupted us. “It is okay, how can you guys ignore me this long?”
By 3:30 am, we decided it was time for us to go home. I left to ease myself at the club’s convenience. On my way, I noticed a lot of babes were staring at me; I love it when I make heads turn. One of them followed me to our table; she left when she saw Deola and Peter waiting for me.
By the time I returned, Peter was already standing, fondling with his phone.  “Let’s go” I said to Peter. I waved at Deola as we exited the club; she waved back.
We left the club and made our way to where I parked my car outside. Peter requested to smoke before we set off. Peter was still smoking when I spotted Deola outside; she crossed where we stood and went to an Aboki’s stand nearby.
On her way back, she passed through where we stood; she looked up and casually said “you are still here, I thought you’ve gone?”  I smiled, “we are about leaving” I told her. “So which way are you guys heading?”  “I stay in Admiralty way in Lekki, that’s where we are going” I said as I entered the car. Deola requested to go with us to the junction. She claimed she was going to somewhere in Ikoyi; to join her friends who would be in their friend’s bridal train later that day.
In the car, I decided to test Deola. Before we got to the junction she told me about, I requested she go with me to my house promising to take her to the venue of the wedding later in the day.
To my surprise, Deola accepted my offer and followed us all the way to Lekki. I had to take Peter to where he stayed somewhere before Ajah first. As Peter alighted from the car, he warned me to be very careful with Deola; the warning was loud enough for Deola to hear.
I got to the house very tired. I quickly jumped into the shower to freshen up. I pointed the bathroom to Deola if she was interested to do the same. I went to the refrigerator for some cold juice.  While Deola was in the bathroom, I made for the door and locked it with the key. I put the bunch where Deola would find it difficult to see. When Deola came out of the bathroom, I told her that I wanted to sleep; she nodded in agreement.  I slept off almost immediately.
When I woke up, I noticed I had slept for than three hours. I didn’t remember immediately that I came back with a lady. It was when I was thinking of what to eat that it occurred to me that Deola returned with me. My heart skipped a beat. I rushed to the sitting room; Deola was there reading the Forbes magazine I brought home the previous week.
“Good morning” Deola said smiling. “Hi Deola, how are you?”  I asked in reply.  I left the sitting room to the bath to brush my mouth and shower.
When I came out, I pulled Deola to where I sat. “So who is Deola?” Deola told me she was a customer service Officer in a reputable firm in Lagos. It wasn’t hard to believe as she sounded very sound. I, however, suspected she was more than what she told me.
When I asked why she accepted to follow me home; Deola told me she was smitten by my looks. “I decided to try my luck with you.”
“So how did you feel when we initially left you?” I asked. Deola said she felt bad but told herself it was one of those things.  We chatted some more until it was time for the wedding. I drove Deola all the way to Ikoyi where her friends were already gathered.
I was about to move when Deola turned and ask me if she could call me. I pulled my cards, gave her a copy and zoomed off without waiting to see her reaction.
Later that night, Deola called me to thank me for being such a nice host. “Were you afraid of me last night?” Deola asked.
I knew exactly what she was driving at; I didn’t touch her that night. Even when she was in the bathroom and left the door opened; I left the room to the sitting room.
I invited her to my house the following weekend. I wanted to know why a fine girl like her would just follow me home that morning if she was not a commercial sex worker as she claimed. In the course of our discussion, I was convinced she was genuine; she simply wanted me to be her friend. Yes, those were my initial thoughts. I believed Deola was exactly who she said she was.
I had seen her work Identity card, I had dropped her off where friends were and so many other events that convinced me she was real.
However, there was a massive turn of event the day we went for Steve’s house warming. I was beginning to get closer to Deola; I called her to be my guest at the event. By the time we arrived at Steve’s place, the ceremony had gone midway. The way the canopy was arranged, almost everybody saw us as we entered.
It was a gathering of friends. I moved one point to another exchanging pleasantry with friends. I didn’t know when Deola who stood by my side disappeared. I turned to ask if she liked the place I wanted us to sit. I turned back I didn’t see anybody. I picked my phone and called her number; the voice on the other end said “the number you are trying to reach is not available at the moment…”
The whole picture got clearer to me when Kingsley returned with some security operatives. Kingsley was on his way to the house warming party when he sighted Deola in the car on the street leading to Steve’s house. He reversed immediately and drove to the nearest police station. So when he returned, Deola had disappeared.
He told me that Deola was the lady that drugged him one night and carted away his valuables including money.  When I mentioned her name, Kingsley shouted “she told you Deola too?”
“Thank your God. You are very happy. Deola would have struck you hard when she had finally gained ground” Kingsley told me and the guests that attended the house warming ceremony. I stood there for more than thirty minutes nothing knowing what to say or do.
I was roundly teased by Steve “this your fine boy go put you for wahala one day”
My name is Rufai,friends call me Lagos Fine boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

whizqidconcept@gmail.com